Do you love cooking and baking with your cast iron skillet? Here is a quick delicious cast iron skillet cinnamon rolls recipe.
Cast iron skillet cinnamon rolls are a delicious and rustic twist on traditional cinnamon rolls. Cooking them in a cast iron skillet gives them a crispy, caramelized exterior while keeping the inside soft and gooey.
(Scroll to the bottom for the best cast iron skillet cinnamon roll recipe)
Ingredients For CAST IRON SKILLET CINNAMON ROLLS
- all-purpose flour – make sure you properly measure the flour. Do not pack, just level the top off with a flat knife.
- salt – cut the salt in half if using salted butter in this recipe
- active dry yeast– the leavening ingredient in this bread which helps the dough to rise
- butter – you can use salted or unsalted, cut salt amount in half if using salted butter
- sugar – granulated sugar and brown sugar
- cinnamon-contains a variety of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties.
- vanilla extract – Real vanilla has so much delicious flavor
- Icing (Recipe Below) The icing is super simple to make and adds a whole extra flavor dimension to your cast iron skillet cinnamon rolls. Simply five ingredients that get whisked together and then drizzled over the warm cinnamon rolls.
Here are some kitchen items that will help to make your Cast Iron Skillet Cinnamon Rolls Baking easier:
Cuisinart stainless steel mixing bowls nest to save space and have lids to store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer. Three sizes handle any task that requires a bowl.
- These Cast iron skillets are suitable for both stovetop and oven for evenly cooking variety of different meals; Cast iron cookware is less smoother than the Non-Stick cookware
- Hand wash before first use and dry immediately; rub with a light coating of vegetable oil after every wash
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Its superior heat retention will keep your mouth watering food warm for a long time
All Measuring Cups & Measuring Spoons sizes are included in one set!
- 1/4 Cup（60 ML), 1/3 Cup （90 ML)
- 1/2 Cup （120 ML), 1 Cup （240 ML)
- 1/8 tsp (0.63 ML), 1/4 tsp (1.25 ML)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ML), 1 tsp (5 ML)
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5ML), 1 tbsp (15 ML)
- DURABLE: made from moisture-resistant hardwood
- COMFORT GRIP: handles are designed to provide maximum comfort and control while using
- SMOOTH OPERATION: rust-proof nylon bearings provide a superior rolling experience
- VERSATILE: great for rolling out pizza dough, pie crusts, tarts, and cookies
- EASY TO CLEAN: hand wash with a damp cloth for best results
- EASY TO USE: clearly marked measurements take the guesswork out of cooking and baking
ICING INGREDIENTS FOR Cast Iron Skillet Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
Whisk all ingredients together and spread over your warm cast iron skillet cinnamon rolls.
Cast Iron Skillet Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
For the dough:
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (about 110°F or 43°C)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Prepare the Dough:
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm milk and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it’s foamy.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, and eggs to the yeast mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour and salt to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it’s smooth and elastic. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
Roll Out the Dough:
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out on a floured surface into a large rectangle, about 16×20 inches.
Prepare the Filling:
- Spread the softened butter evenly over the rolled-out dough.
- Mix the brown sugar and ground cinnamon together, then sprinkle it evenly over the buttered dough.
Roll and Cut:
- Starting from one of the longer edges, tightly roll the dough into a log.
- Use a sharp knife or dental floss to cut the log into 12 equal-sized rolls.
Place in the Cast Iron Skillet:
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet with butter or cooking spray.
- Arrange the cinnamon rolls in the skillet, leaving a little space between each one.
- Cover the skillet with a clean cloth and let the rolls rise again for about 30 minutes.
Preheat and Bake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake the cinnamon rolls in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
Make the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the cream cheese glaze. In a mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and enough milk to reach your desired consistency.
Glaze and Serve:
- Remove the skillet from the oven when the cinnamon rolls are done.
- Let them cool slightly, then drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the warm rolls.
Serve the cast iron skillet cinnamon rolls warm and enjoy your delicious homemade treat!