Do you love cooking and baking with your cast iron skillet? Here is a quick delicious cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookies are a delicious and rustic twist on traditional chocolate chip cookies. Cooking your giant chocolate chip cookie in a cast iron skillet gives it a crispy, caramelized exterior while keeping the inside soft and gooey. A cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie, often referred to as a “skillet cookie” or “piezookie,” is a delightful dessert that’s easy to make and perfect for sharing. Here’s a basic recipe to make one:
Ingredients For CAST IRON SKILLET Chocolate Chip Cookie
- all-purpose flour – make sure you properly measure the flour. Do not pack, just level the top off with a flat knife.
- salt – cut the salt in half if using salted butter in this recipe
- butter – you can use salted or unsalted, cut salt amount in half if using salted butter
- sugar – granulated sugar and brown sugar
- vanilla extract – Real vanilla has so much delicious flavor
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
Here are some kitchen items that will help to make your Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Baking easier:
Cuisinart stainless steel mixing bowls nest to save space and have lids to store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer. Three sizes handle any task that requires a bowl.
- These Cast iron skillets are suitable for both stovetop and oven for evenly cooking variety of different meals; Cast iron cookware is less smoother than the Non-Stick cookware
- Hand wash before first use and dry immediately; rub with a light coating of vegetable oil after every wash
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Its superior heat retention will keep your mouth watering food warm for a long time
All Measuring Cups & Measuring Spoons sizes are included in one set!
- 1/4 Cup（60 ML), 1/3 Cup （90 ML)
- 1/2 Cup （120 ML), 1 Cup （240 ML)
- 1/8 tsp (0.63 ML), 1/4 tsp (1.25 ML)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ML), 1 tsp (5 ML)
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5ML), 1 tbsp (15 ML)
Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or more if you prefer)
Optional add-ins for your cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- Chopped nuts (such as walnuts or pecans)
- Mini marshmallows
- White chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a cast iron skillet (approximately 10 inches in diameter), melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in the granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; you want a soft cookie dough.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and any optional add-ins of your choice.
- Smooth the cookie dough evenly in the skillet, ensuring it covers the bottom.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown, and the center is set but still slightly gooey.
- Remove the skillet from the oven (be careful, it’s hot!), and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Optionally, serve the cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top while it’s still warm.
Enjoy your delicious cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie!